Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our first bruiser

A good Mom, you say?

I was on the phone with my girlfriend, sorting through Ansleigh's and Hudson's clothes when I saw Ansleigh coming around the bend, like a bat out of..., and just about then, she tripped, and like a scene out of a movie, I leaped to grab her, only to miss. Pretty much, it was the worst thing ever. Probably even worse, I saw the whole thing happen--never good--because if you SEE it happen, you somehow think you could have prevented it from happening, since you were there, of course. I seriously thought her brains were protruding from her skull *see picture*, but hadn't broken skin. So, Momma called the doctor and the doctor said, no more monkeys running fast in the house with last year's Santa outfit on.
***(I was going through Ansleigh's closet and I was trying to pack some old things away--kinda didn't get done in the move, anyways, PLUS every time I try to pack away this Santa outfit, she pulls it out and puts it on--so that's the story behind the Santa outfit in July.)
So I took the picture because I knew no one would believe how bad it really was. The first question the doctor's office asked was: Was there an instant bruise? YESSS! Little did I know, that's good! It means it's on the surface. If your child takes a bad fall and there isn't an instant bruise, that's when you need to be worried. Hmmmm? Didn't know that! After icing it down, it started to look a ton better. Seriously, what's next in the Toone household?
Right afterwards the movie scene trip, me freaking out, and me running around in a panic trying to get a baggie of ice, call Roy, then the doctor, and find the camera (oh, to have been a fly on the wall....):

And my sweet angel after the ice did it's magic (seriously, ice is way underestimated...totally magical):

Later that night, drinking some milk (like Santa) and rubbing her tummy (like Santa), while wearing a "3/4 length shirt" and "capri" pants, Santa style--size 2T. We are all better now (Mom too, for those of you who may have been worried about my heart...stopping).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Savannah had one the other day that looked almost identical to that one. She walked into a door. She really has to learn to watch where she is walking.

Hokie Girl said...

Too cute in her santa suit! And Little man has a goose egg so big one time I couldn't believe it! Thank goodness I didn't see that one b/c he knocked into a wall corner at school!!! Yikes!