Friday, December 5, 2008

Hudson's first doctor's appointment

We went to Hudson's first doctor's appointment today and it was very uneventful, which is just what we were hoping for! He's put on 2 more ounces and is growing nicely! The doctor said he won't need to see him for another month, so we have our next appointment on January 6th. No shots this time; he received his 1st Hep B shot while in the hospital so no sticking this time. Just a nice and easy well visit, and a time for Roy and I to ask any questions. His circumcision is healing nicely and no longer looking like a little cherry (poor little guy) and his belly button is looking great too; we're close to the ambilical cord falling off. We have a trade off in our house; Roy cleans the ambilical cord, and I get up at night with Hudson to feed and change him. Not to shabby, I would say. I just really don't like cleaning that thing--it makes me so nervous that I'm going to accidentally peel it off prematurely. Eek! So, once it falls off, Momma will be much happier!

While we were in town for the doctor's appointment, we made several stops and ran some errands. Hudson made his first trip to Meme and Papa's house. Ansleigh LOVES going to her Meme's house to "play". They are so proud of their two great-grandchildren.

Hudson also got his first bath at home yesterday. That was fun...yes, I'm serious. He's so easy going, as long as we were spooning warm water over him, he was as happy as a pickle! I love his little fuzzy head after his hair gets all squeaky clean. Errrr, I could just bit his little cheeks, he's so cute!

No comments: