Sunday, December 14, 2008

What was I thinking?

Last night, after getting home from Aunt Jane and Uncle Carroll's Christmas party, I was exhausted so I went to sleep early with Ansleigh in my arms and Hudson in his pack-n-play. About an hour after laying down, in a complete daze, I heard Ansleigh fussing. Still asleep, I pulled up my shirt and put her to my chest...Roy, who had been in the living room, came back to our bedroom quickly to check on Ansleigh. He saw me trying to "feed" her and said, "CANDACE, what are you doing?" Slowly waking up, I looked down and realized, WRONG BABY! Whoops. Roy was dying laughing. She never latched on (so don't worry, she won't be scarred for life!) I was SO tired and confused. After I "came to" I told Roy, she did feel a bit heavier in that position than I had remembered! I can't believe I did that...and I can't believe I'm actually telling on myself! Moral of the story, when breastfeeding, make sure you're feeding the right person. :o)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha oh that is too funny!!