Friday, June 19, 2009

Bella Notte

Last night when I finally sat down, Ansleigh, Hudson, and Roy were already asleep. I turned on the tube to see what was on and the DVD was on. Too tired to get up and switch it back to the TV, I hit play to watch whatever it was in there....and lucky me, it was Lady and the Tramp. Do you know, I watched the whole entire movie? What a classic?! That part when Butch and Lady are eating spaghetti at Tony's has got to be the sweetest scene in a cartoon EVER!
I wanted to post some pictures of my own Bella Notte. I am constantly reminded of God's beauty and His miraculous creations when he uses the sky as his canvas.
Rockville, Virginia My Papa is still in the hospital but making progress. He's talking (very small phrases) when we ask questions and nodding his head to respond to yes and no questions. He can smile slightly, which instantly brings tears to our eyes everytime. And he's now moving his feet around and can pick his hands up very slightly. We are beyond proud, so happy, and continuously saying prayers that the Lord heals him. He contracted Clostridium difficile, or C. Diff while at the hospital. After taking large amounts of antibiotics for another infection, many of the good bacteria in his GI tract were killed, leaving his body prone to this infection which leaves behind really bad toxins that can be deadly for people at his age (in addition to all of the other medical issues that my poor Pa is coping with). Unfortunately, this bacteria is extremely common in hospitals and extremely difficult to kill...and as many of you know, he's been in the hospital for over 2 months now--which left him very open and susceptible to catching it. He's been receiving his dialysis (they put a pick in his neck for a continuous form of dialysis, rather than the usual 3 x week/ 4 hrs.). We are praying that his white blood count continues to fall, that his blood pressure stays high (over 85), that soon he'll be able to start eating again, and most of all, that this stinking bacteria makes its way out of his body FAST! My family has really rallied together and I couldn't be more proud of everyone. The strength, the love, the togetherness that I've seen over the past few days is beyond anything I've ever experienced and means more to me than words. It goes without saying, but I feel blessed to be apart of such a wonderful and loving family. I am so thankful for them, for Mount Vernon Baptist Church, and for the hospital staff that is taking care of him. I know my Papa knows this, but it is very clear--Edward Baldacci is one VERY LOVED MAN! Thank you to everyone who continues to pray for his health and for my family.
Love, Candace

No comments: