Afterwards, we went over to Meme's house. Ansleigh was WAY too busy running all around the yard to stop for a pose to show off her new "purse hanger", so Meme posed for me. It actually is so adorable...complete with jewels and a ribbon. She said she wanted Daddy to carry it to work to hang up there, but I told her I thought it'd go better in her room. Poor Roy's office is going to look like a Princess Fairy camp by the end of the summer.
Here's my two sweet gals on their way to the mailbox. Meme was teaching Ansleigh about how the mailman comes to their house to pick up mail and drop mail off. We don't have a physical mailbox (just the P.O. box) so she thought that was pretty cool.
Later on, Christian rode with me to the southside to Ansleigh's appointment and to help me with Hudson. I seriously couldn't have done it without him. We went inside, and Hudson was asleep, so Uncle Bubba sat outside with him in the car. When I got back, Hudson was asleep. I said, "Oh, awesome! He stayed asleep for you!". Christian's eyes got as big as saucers and said, "Uhhhh, no.". Not so much. He said random Moms were walking by the car, peering in, to see why the baby was crying so hard...I guess to make sure some crazy lady hadn't left him in there alone. He just waved to let them know he had things under control (hahaha). Oh gosh. Here's my two sweet guys when we got home from the doctor's appointment.
And later, I had everyone over to do a "Day-after-Father's Day, Father's Day Dinner" for Dad and Roy. Dad requested Meatloaf (and ohhhhhh my gosh, I got the BES meat loaf recipe from Paula Deen's cookbook--seriously, not to brag, okay, well, I can brag a little bit--it was the best meatloaf I've ever made), potatoes, mixed greens, and rolls. Oee-wee, it was good. So after dessert, Ansleigh pulled out her new Princess and Fairy underwear and made everyone put them on their heads. Now that entertainment. Roy got home and first saw Meme and thought she had fallen and had a bandage on her head. Hahaha. So, this is my family, with underdrawers for hats. 
It was just another Manic Monday. Ohhhh....we ohhhhh!

No comments:
Post a Comment